Welcome to Julianna Margulies Online, a fansite dedicated to the incomparable actress Julianna Margulies. Julianna has played numerous diverse characters in theatre, film and television productions. She is most known for her iconic roles as Carol Hathaway on "ER" and as Alicia Florrick on "The Good Wife". Our aim here at Julianna Margulies Online is to keep you up to date with the latest news and images related to Julianna and her various projects. We hope you enjoy the site!
The Mists of Avalon
Directed by: Uli Edel
Written by: Gavin Scott, Gavin Scott
Produced by: Gideon Amir, Bernd Eichinger
Cast Members: Anjelica Huston, Joan Allen, Samantha Mathis, Caroline Goodall, Edward Atterton, Michael Vartan, Michael Byrne, Hans Matheson, Mark Lewis Jones
Released date: July 15, 2001
Episode(s) Number: Appeared in both episodes
Genre: Drama, Fantasy
Duration: 120 minutes
In spite of resistance from her sister, the Lady of the Lake plans to save the kingdom by training her niece to succeed her.
– Passion. Mysticism. Adventure. Journey beyond the legend of Camelot.
– Julianna Margulies is only nine years older than Hans Matheson, who played her son, Mordred.
– As Lancelot made his decision, deep within me there stood something I had felt for no man before. Within days, on the orders of Viviane, I was on my way to take part in the fertility rites known as the Beltane feast. The ceremony she called, “The Great Marriage.” To whom I would be given, I did not know. But Viviane assured me that the future of Avalon depended on my playing the role of the Virgin Huntress. And that my partner would be the man that killed the King Stag. As I returned to the holy isle, a great longing gripped my heart. I hoped that the man at the Beltane rites had been Lancelot, but I had never seen his face. There had been no hint as to who he really was.
– Your motives may be nobler than hers, but you still move us around like pieces on a game board. What has my mother given up for your Avalon? My father died at Uther’s hands because of you. My poor innocent brother Arthur, who was a baby on my lap, and loved me as no other! And I loved him! Look what you’ve done to us. You’ve twisted our love, and turned it into shame, all for the sake of Avalon! No! I will not kill the child within me, but I will not let you take him to Avalon! I will not let you twist and bend him to your will!
– No-one knows the real story of the great King Arthur of Camelot. Most of what you think you know about Camelot, Gwenhwyfar, Lancelot and the evil sorceress known as Morgaine le Fay, is nothing but lies. I should know, for I am Morgaine le Fay, priestess of the Isle of Avalon, where the ancient religion of the Mother Goddess was born.
– All the unhappiness of the past seemed to be swept away when I saw my little brother Arthur for the first time.