Welcome to Julianna Margulies Online, a fansite dedicated to the incomparable actress Julianna Margulies. Julianna has played numerous diverse characters in theatre, film and television productions. She is most known for her iconic roles as Carol Hathaway on "ER" and as Alicia Florrick on "The Good Wife". Our aim here at Julianna Margulies Online is to keep you up to date with the latest news and images related to Julianna and her various projects. We hope you enjoy the site!
The Good Wife
Character: Alicia Florrick
Created by: Robert King, Michelle King
Directed by: Rosemary Rodriguez, Michael Zinberg, Brooke Kennedy, James Whitmore Jr., Félix Enríquez Alcalá, Jim McKay, Frederick E.O. Toye, Robert King
Written by: Michelle King, Robert King, Adam R. Perlman
Cast Members: Matt Czuchry, Archie Panjabi, Graham Phillips, Makenzie Vega, Josh Charles, Christine Baranski, Alan Cumming, Zach Grenier, Matthew Goode, Cush Jumbo, Jeffrey Dean Morgan
Released date: September 22, 2009
Episode(s) Number: Appeared in all episodes
Genre: Crime, Drama, Mystery
Duration: 43 minutes
Alicia Florrick has been a good wife to her husband, a former state's attorney. After a very humiliating sex and corruption scandal, he is behind bars. She must now provide for her family and returns to work as a litigator in a law firm.
– His scandal. Her story.
– Don’t let the name fool you.
– During an Emmy roundtable for “Hollywood Reporter” in 2014, Julianna Margulies revealed that she was only the third choice for the lead part on the show. Ashley Judd and Helen Hunt turned down the role of Alicia Florrick.
– Julianna Margulies wore a wig for her character and spent a reported fourteen hours a day, five days a week, and nine months out of the year working on this show.
– According to Julianna Margulies, after three exhausting years juggling the demanding show schedule and dealing with her baby’s first years, she made a deal with Creators Robert King and Michelle King. Starting in season four, for those big courtroom scenes that take several hours to be filmed completely, Margulies would shoot the scenes where Alicia is an active part first, then they would shoot scenes with the other cast members, where she would have to be in the background for coverage once or twice, and then she would leave the set to prepare her next scenes, or have the rest of the day off.
– The show was set in Chicago, but filmed in New York City. The pilot was filmed in Canada, and filming was planned to continue there, but Julianna Margulies asked the producers to shoot in New York City, because she had just become a mother, and couldn’t leave for Canada for nine months a year.
– Julianna Margulies won two Emmy awards for her performance – one in 2011 and one in 2014. She was nominated a total of four times.
– Julianna Margulies always wanted Alicia to leave Peter (Chris Noth), but believed she wouldn’t leave him until she found true love.
– Season One
– Season Two
– Season Three
– Season Four
– Season Five
– Season Six
– Season Seven